Sunday 7 February 2010

The Unknown

I've been getting kinda freaked out recently because soon it will be the end of uni and I have no idea what I'm gonna do. But It's ok because I just watched DS9 and listening to Sisko trying to explain human existence and linear time to the worm hole aliens made me feel better. If you look at it one way, not knowing what will happen is exciting.

"That may be the most important thing to understand about Humans. It is the unknown that defines our existence. We are constantly searching, not just for answers to our questions, but for new questions. We are explorers. We explore our lives, day by day. And we explore the galaxy, trying to expand the boundaries of our knowledge. And that is why I am here. Not to conquer you with weapons or ideas, but to co-exist and learn."
- Commander Benjamin Sisko



Clip from the episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, episode "Emissary Part 2".

No comments: